Fudge, so called crystalline candy which full of smooth creamy consistency. Made by butter, milk, sugar, chocolate etc. It provides different taste, flavor and texture. It is one of the most favorable dessert for all kinds of people.
Sometimes fudge gets so hard texture because of losing moisture. That creates some problem to eat. In that case, people get stress how could they back their actual fudge texture.
If you face this problem also stay here and read this thesis at a glance. I hope you will be benefitted.
Why Does Fudge Get Hard?
Fudge get hard for several reasons. As you know it’s called a crystalline candy, contain sweet content and cooked in a particular way, you can collect the reason from here why fudge get hard.
Here, I present some reasons. Let’s see.
- Over cooking: Over cooking is the first reason for hard and crumbly fudge. It makes ingredients too much sticky and thick. For this when its cool down it becomes hard that really weird to eat.
- Use stirring process: Some people start stirring when they prepare their fudge. That is the other reason for hard fudge. Fudge preparing time specially cooling hour you can’t stir them at all. Because it makes fudge stickier.
- Ingredients: We use sugar, butter, chocolates etc as the ingredients of fudge. This ingredient gets sticky nature generally in their cool stage. If you use too much from them that is high from measurement also make your fudge so hard.
How to Fix Fudge That is too Hard?
To fix hard fudge we can apply different ways easily. Don’t worry If your fudge gets so hard, you can apply our ways that given below.
Its other beneficial thing is you don’t need too much ingredients to fix hard fudge.
- In a bag: Firstly, put your hard fudge in a plastic bag. Then a damp paper towel or a piece of bread place into this bag. Seal the bag and let them to set over night. By absorbing released moisture that comes from bread or towel your fudge started to get soften gradually.
- Use ordinary pot: Have another way to fix hard fudge. At first, scoop your hard fudge and put them in a pot. Then pour a cup of water into them. Then cook your fudge in a low heat until they dissolve properly. After cooking bring them back and follow the recipes remaining steps. In this way, you can improve the texture of your fudge easily.
- In the microwave: when you have short time to soften or recur your hard fudge, you can use microwave. Because that is the fastest way to soften hard fudge.
Cut your fudge into small squares. Attire them on a paper towel and lined them on microwave safe plate. Remember every piece should have a bit of space from each other. After placing let them at a medium heat with at least fifteen second interval.
Check them after every interval until they fix perfectly.
- In the oven: It also an easy method to soften hard fudge. Firstly, select oven which properly contain all the fudge, preheat that at 250 degrees. Line them on a backing sheet with parchment paper.
Set all small cut square fudge with a bit of space. Pop them at least five to seven minutes and check are they get intentional softness.
Some Tips for Makers Who Soften the Fudge
When we apply proper method to cook something, it would must give us a perfect result. So before cooking take a particular recipe, collect necessary ingredients with measurement and start cooking.
Here have some helping tips for fudge maker who really want to soften his hard fudge.
- Cook at the right temperature.
- Don’t cook the mixer for overtime.
- Cool the mixer properly without stirring.
- Use microwave for fast cooking.
- Cut the fudge into small square piece to preserve them properly.
- Put them in a air tight box to save moisture.
Different Types of Fudge
Dessert, a popular confectionary for all over the world. Fudge is one of them. Right now, it gains the stage of 55th most popular confectionary.
At present we have different kind of fudge but all fudge is not available for everywhere.
Here have some lovely fudge those get most popularity from people.
- World Smoothest Chocolate Fudge.
- Cookies and Cream Fudge.
- Eggnog Fudge.
- Coconut White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Fudge.
- Pecan Buttermilk Fudge.
- Spicy Mexican Chocolate Fudge.
- No White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Fudge.
- Peanut Butter Fudge.
- Maple Walnut Fudge.
- Almond Joy Fudge. Etc.
Is it Necessary to Refrigerate Fudge?
No, it’s not necessary, you can keep them at room temperature. If you love to eat cold fudge then you can keep them in the refrigerator.
But remember cold air always dry all type of dessert eventually. So, keep them into an air tight box. Dry and hard fudge hold different taste from soft creamy fudge. In that case, make sure your fudge not get hard texture at all.
Is it Ok to Eat?
Yes, everyone can eat fudge but make sure not too much. Because it is full of sweet and creamy content that not suitable for all. If people eat them in a large amount they would must face some problems that bring by fudge.
For your concern, here give some benefits as well as side effects of fudge. Let’s see them.
Some Health Benefits:
- Reduce bad LDL cholesterol level.
- Helpful for skin health.
- Improve heart health.
- High in antioxidants.
Some Side Effects for Over Eating:
- Raise blood sugar.
- Improve weight gain.
- High risk for diabetes.
- Increase urination.
- Allergic skin reaction.
- Might trigger migraine headaches.
There has a good news for fudge loving people who didn’t eat fudge for sugar problem. And the good news is some fudge also made at present that are free from sugar content.
Fudge, a good dessert that love people most. Every type of fudge provides different flavors, taste and benefits as well.
People Who become worry about their fudge hardness, I mentioned some ways above to reduce their problem. It’s not such a big problem, so don’t be scared and apply this way with comfort.
When we eat sweet fudge, we feel just like a sweet dream. Their amazing taste brings happiness for us. So, enjoy delicious fudge and save them from hardness.