There are many people who tend to avoid yummy and healthy vegetables like carrots because they are hard to slice and dice. While these are considerably tough to cut, including them in your daily diet is essential for a healthy life.
However, carrot slicers can be the perfect solution as they will make the hassle easy as pie. For this reason, we found the best carrot slicers for you based on factors such as design, ease-of-use, versatility, and build quality. We’ll also shed light upon their strengths and weaknesses in this article.
So, let’s get the show on the road.
Editor’s Recommendation: 5 Best Carrot Slicer
Top 10 Best Carrot Slicer Reviews
Here are the 10 best slicers for carrots that you can get your hands on right now. All of them offer unique features, so we recommend going through these thoroughly.
1. Deiss PRO Julienne Carrot Peeler
- Reduces the time and effort required for cleaning
- Versatility allows you to peel in every direction
- Will sustain for a long time due to the durable build
Deiss is a premium brand, and their Dual Julienne Peeler feels and functions great. It’s unique because it’s multi-functional. You can use it as a peeler, slicer, knifer, cutter, as well as a julienne. The handle of this cutter is very comfortable, and it has this aluminum end on two sides. There’s this aluminum ring on the bottom end that’ll let you hang this to a hook.
As this is dishwasher safe, you won’t have to clean this manually, and this will save some of your time. However, as this comes with a shorter blade, cutting or peeling a lot of carrots will surely take a lot of time, especially compared to the carrot slicer machines.
This slicer is for those who would like to have a multi-functional kitchen utensil that can get a lot of things done at a reasonable price. And this is perfect for cutting a few carrots but cutting a lot of carrots can get tiresome.
- Simplistic design makes it easy to use
- Can be stored easily due to the compact shape
- You won’t have to buy lots of tools as this one offers many functionalities
- Non-slip rubber handle helps you grip it tightly
- Can take some time to work with this
2. OXO Good Grips Carrot Peeler
- Y-Peeler makes it easy to grip and operate
- Japanse stainless steel blades won’t break easily
- Can be used for a long time comfortably due to the ergonomic handle
The OXO Good Grips Prep peeler is considered one of the best carrot julienne slicers out there. This peeler comes with a black hilt decorated with orange edges, and the stainless steel razor will help you peel any carrot.
This Y-peeler offers great maneuverability. With that, you’ll be able to navigate the blade across the body of the carrots and other similar vegetables effortlessly. The stainless steel blades are made in Japan, and you won’t find them catching rust.
When you’re looking for a top-notch peeler, then there’s nothing that can go wrong with taking this one. Other than peeling, this will also allow you to cut thinner strands of carrots into sticks, which can prove to be helpful for some. The non-slip grip makes working with it comfortable and easy.
Since it’s a manual peeler, so you’ll need to put some effort into working with it. Unless you’re looking for a multi-functional or automatic peeler, then you’ll be happy with this one.
- Eye-catching design adds value to the aesthetics of your kitchen
- Helps you peel faster than most other peelers
- You can install all sorts of aftermarket grips on it, which makes it customizable
- Won’t cause fatigue for being lightweight
- Doesn’t offer many functions
3. Mueller Austria Mandoline Vegetable Slicer
- Unique design helps you cut carrots and other vegetables effortlessly
- Allows you to tweak the machine to your liking with the adjustability
- Blades are specially positioned to keep you safe from harm
It’s one of the best vegetable slicers and dicer for carrots, as this one can be used with other types of vegetables. You can consider this a modular peeler, as it can be modified for getting different outputs.
You’ll get this kitchen gadget in a beautiful combination of white and black that looks good. What’s amazing about this cutter is how durable it feels. It won’t even be wrong to say it’s made like a tank.
Another groundbreaking feature of this gadget is that it’s fully adjustable, and you can tweak this with the knobs on it. This design is patented, so you won’t find it anywhere. It’s not only unique but also the most effective design there too.
It’s great for those who are looking for commercial carrot slicers. This will provide all sorts of versatility that you can seek from a carrot slicer, and it will last a lifetime too.
- Long-lasting performance due to durable build
- Adjustable knobs will help you tweak this machine easily
- Sharp blades cut faster than the competition
- Can be cleaned easily, and this can save time
- Expensive compared to most other products
4. Electric Vegetable Graters
- Made of stainless steel and BPA-free plastic
- Wide feeder lets you insert food items without having to cut them
- Lets you use it to the fullest potential with the click of a button
To those who are looking for the best electric carrot slicers, we highly recommend this one from Homdox Store. While it costs ten times more than what a regular flimsy carrot peeler would cost, it’ll provide a hundred times the features.
You won’t even need to touch the blades while working with these. All it needs to slice carrots is the click of one button, and this makes preparation extremely easy.
It also offers a completely modular design that’s easy to customize. You’ll get four cones that will result in completely different outputs. You can get the carrot cut in sticks, chopped, and more. Other than carrots, this tool can be used for all sorts of vegetables and ingredients like potatoes, onions, nuts, and different spices.
If you are looking for something cheap, this one isn’t the ideal one. But it’s certainly worth paying for. So, if you want to make your life easier, then we highly recommend getting this one.
- Can be used for all sorts of vegetables and ingredients
- BPA-free plastic makes it risk-free
- Makes cooking easier and faster
- Beginner friendly and intuitive design
- Costs nearly ten times as standard ones
5. Mueller Handheld Vegetable V Slicer
- Easy to carry around — makes it suitable for picnics and camping
- Prevents the food from falling off or getting displaced
- Allows you to enjoy all the features of Mueller slicers with a handheld tool
We’ve seen the Mueller V slicer just before, and that one was a heavy kitchen gadget that can make your life easier.
However, it was found that some people didn’t like the lack of portability and the weight of that unit. If you’re among them but you like the features Mueller offers, then you should take a look at this one. This handheld V slicer from the same company will offer most of the features, but it is light and portable.
This slicer can function pretty fast. It takes only seconds to cut vegetables and fruits from 1mm to 3mm of thickness. There’s a 2-in-1 food holder that’ll let you store the food that’s being cut, and it’s made of non-toxic ABS plastic. It also features stainless steel blades that’ll last long and provide great performance over the years.
This is indeed an amazing choice for those who are looking for the features that Mueller provides but in a handheld device.
- Can cut any vegetable or fruit from 1mm to 3mm of thickness
- Easy to operate
- A 2-in-1 food holder that makes slicing and storing convenient
- Lightweight makes it suitable for a long time of usage
- Food holder doesn’t offer much grip
6. DASH Safe Dicer for Vegetables
- Easy to take apart and store for saving space
- Can be used with the push of a button, which makes it safer than most
- Offers 30 types of different cuts
The Dash safe slice mandoline slicer is a very suitable vegetable dicer and slicer for carrots. This is one of the safest tools on this list, as you’ll be kept away from the blades while working with these. It will also let you cut all sorts of fruits and vegetables, as long as they fit through the feeding vent.
Luckily, the opening of the feeder is very wide, and you’ll be able to fit up to 8mm of chunks in it. It’s also one of the most versatile tools out there, as it’ll allow you 30 different presets for cuts. There’s also a thickness adjuster that’ll fine-tune the thickness of the result.
Despite the complex design, this is fairly easy to clean and maintain. You’ll get a brush included with the package, and that’ll help you clean the blades of anything that gets stuck on them. It’s ideal for those who are looking for highly adjustable manual carrot slicer machines. The cost of this is similar to electric slicers, but it’s more favorable if you prefer the versatility over the convenience.
- One of the easiest to clean kitchen gadgets
- Comes with a food catch container
- Thickness adjuster for greater versatility
- Allows you to cut carrots suitable for soups, salads, stews, and more
- Manual function despite costing as much as automatic slicers
7. Benriner Carrot Slicer
- Three different blades offer you different julienne sizes
- Larger form factor allows you to cut large vegetables and fruits easily
- As these follow an old design, it’s easier to get used to them
This Vegetable slicer follows an old design, but it manages to get the job done well. It costs a bit more than some of the regular peelers, but it’s worth the money. It’s a mandoline slicer, and it’s a handheld device.
As for the size, this one’s not that wide. So, you might have to cut some large vegetables in half before running through this, but it can handle smaller vegetables like carrots without requiring that.
The only downside of this tool is that it doesn’t offer an effective finger guard. There is a finger guard, but it won’t do you that good. Another con of this is that there will be a bit of waste left on the blade, which will be higher than that of any knife.
This is a great choice for those who are used to the old slicer design and want to have a smooth transition to a more effective product.
- Lightweight makes it easier to work with
- Can be cleaned easily due to the simple design
- Allows you to cut carrots in different shapes
- Wide enough for slicing carrots without having to cut them first
- Finger guard isn’t that effective
8. Progressive Veggie Carrot Cutter
- This helps you cut vegetables in a unique and effective manner
- Allows you to use it without any risk
- Lasts a long time due to the solid plastic builds
This one is one the most unique products that we’ve come across while researching for these carrot slicer reviews. Unlike most other products out there, this one doesn’t let you splice the carrots into small noodle-like sticks, but it helps you to cut them in quarters.
While many of you might not need this feature, there are a lot of people and a lot of restaurants that will benefit from this. As you’ll be able to cut the carrots in quarters, you’ll be able to feed them to automatic slicers much easily.
As the blades are located on the inner side, away from your finger’s reach, you’ll be able to cut the vegetables without any risk. There is only one downside to this. It can’t cut large vegetables due to the small form factor. Other than that, it’s amazing.
We strongly suggest this for cutting carrots and similar small vegetables and fruits as it helps you operate without risk of cutting your fingers. However, if you are looking for something to cut large vegetables, this is not the ideal pick.
- Design makes it multi-functional
- 46-pound weight results in a stress-free experience
- Can be cleaned in the dishwasher safely
- Cuts vegetables in seconds with the sharp blades
- Won’t help you cut large vegetables
9. Sunkuka Julienne Peeler for Carrot
- This allows you to both peel and slices any vegetable
- Stainless steel build looks sleek and is very durable
- Can be hung on any hook, and this will save drawer space
If you’re looking for a carrot slicer for carrot sticks, then the Sunkuka Julienne Peeler is one of the best options for you. This is a very straightforward peeler. You need to run it across the surface of the vegetable you want to cut, and it will cut that up in sticks.
We love this product because it seems to produce the least amount of waste. While some of the carrots might be left on the blade, you’ll be able to remove those easily with the provided brush. This will help you get cleaner and more efficient cuts from this.
It’s made of stainless steel that’ll last a long time without getting rusty. Plus, this one’s a complete value-for-money purchase. There isn’t anything extra to this, just the plain peeler and the stock blade. This is the perfect product for those who are looking for an effective carrot slicer at an affordable price range.
- Stainless steel blades will remain sharp even after years of use
- Very efficient, which is why the wastage is minimum
- Completely risk-free operation will help you work without a worry
- 18/8 stainless steel won’t rust in even 10 years
- Not that comfortable because these don’t have anti-slip grips
10. YOVQNMX Carrot Cutter
- Blades will stay away from you while in use, making it even safer
- Cuts vegetables and fruits in six even pieces
- Feeder is wide enough to fit large vegetables
Finally, we have the carrot cutter from YOVOQNMX. This one is suitable for dividing small fruits and vegetables, and it doesn’t do anything else. While this isn’t versatile, it can still help you out when you need to cut carrots in six pieces.
This will help you while cooking, preparing a salad, or even when you’re using electric spiral carrot slicers. Most of the electric slicers come with narrow feeders, and this will help you make the carrot suitable for the feeders.
Another amazing thing about these slicers is that they are easy to work with. You can assemble or disassemble them without any hassle, and this will help you operate them, maintain them, and clean them easily.
Overall, you can expect a consistent performance out of these over time. These are great for cutting down small vegetables and fruits in a snap, and the unique cutting pattern of these will help you in decorating.
- Great for decorating food as it provides unique designs
- Easy to maintain and requires no servicing
- Produces zero waste with sharp blades and effective design
- Cuts prep time to a great extent
- Doesn’t work with relatively larger vegetables
Things to Consider Before Buying Carrot Slicer
Choosing the best carrot slicer for yourself can be daunting, so we decided to make this process easier for you. Here, we’ll discuss the factors that you need to consider to get the right carrot slicer for yourself.
- Method of Operation
There are electric slicers, and there are manual ones. You’ll find manual ones mostly, and these are usually less expensive. However, there are expensive manual cutters that cost just as much as the electric ones, usually because they offer far greater versatility and build quality.
Electric slicers are easier to work with, as they are mostly automatic. You’ll be able to get these running with the press of a button, which makes cutting carrots effortless. However, the electric cutters come at a higher price.
The better the build quality, the longer it will last. When it comes to carrot slicers, build quality is important because you don’t want to invest frequently in getting new ones.
Plus, a superior build quality means that the stock blades will be of high quality. A quality blade won’t last long only, but it will also make slicing easier.
Not everyone may require versatility, but having this can help you create different types of designs. While most of the entry-level slicers will offer two or three types of cuts, some of the advanced ones come with up to 50 presets.
The more versatility you get from a slicer, the more you’ll need to spend on it. This is why we recommend you decide whether spending the extra is worth it or not.
Finally, there’s the design of the slicer. Some slicers are designed to be ergonomic, while some are designed to keep space-saving in mind. Which design suits you better is for you to decide.
How to Use Mandoline Slicer Carrot?
The Mandoline slicer is one of the oldest, yet one of the most popular types of vegetable slicers. These allow us to get a clean-cut, and they are relatively easier to work with. This is how you use a Mandoline slicer.
The first step of using any Mandoline slicer is assembly, and this is pretty easy. You’ll find an insert that will need to be added to the slicer. To do so, find the slot where you can snap the insert in. It should make a ‘click’ sound when it fits. You’re most likely to find the spot on the top side of the cutter.
Once the slicer is assembled, you need to put the carrot on the food holder. This holder will ensure that the food doesn’t fall off when you’re cutting it, and this will allow you to cut the carrot fast. After you place the carrot, just slide it across the blade, and keep repeating this until the entire carrot is cut.
We advise you to be careful while sliding the food holder. A lot of food holders were found ineffective when it came to protecting the fingers of the user. This is why it’s important to take extra care in this process.
How to Clean a Carrot Slicer?
There are different types of carrot slicers, and you’ll have to clean them through different methods. In this section of our carrot slicer review guide, we’ll discuss how to clean your carrot slicer properly.
Is the Slicer Dishwasher Friendly?
This is one of the first questions that you must ask when cleaning the vegetable cleaner. Dishwashers are extremely sensitive, and throwing random objects in dishwashers can damage them badly. Then again, an object that isn’t dishwasher-friendly might end up getting damaged if put through a dishwasher.
This is why it’s important to know if your vegetable slicer is dishwasher-friendly or not. If it is, then you’re welcome to put the accessories through. Make sure you don’t put the base, as most bases aren’t dishwasher friendly. Luckily, they can be cleaned with a few wipes.
Another part of the vegetable slicer that we don’t recommend putting through the dishwasher is the blade. The blades are one of the prime parts of a vegetable slicer, and you’d have to spend a substantial amount of cash if you need to replace them. You won’t be able to replace them all the time due to lack of availability.
This is why it’s important to take care of the blades. Instead of putting them into the dishwashers, we recommend running them through hot and soapy water. Dry them off as soon as you’re done rinsing them. This will prevent rush build-up.
Where to Store Your Vegetable Slicer?
It doesn’t matter how well you clean the carrot slicer unless you know where to store them. Once you’re done rinsing and cleaning the carrot slicer, you need to dry them off as quickly as possible.
After that, store them in a dry area. Try keeping them as far away from damp as possible. The moisture in the air can settle on the blades and other steel parts of the slicers and escalate rust build-up. Storing them in dry areas will prevent this from happening.
These are the best carrot slicers that you can get your hands on right now. However, we understand that choosing one amongst them is very challenging. If you feel lost, we strongly suggest checking out the buying guide provided above. We’re certain that the insights that you’ll gain from this will help you out.
Finally, no matter which product you choose for yourself, you should be taking care of it properly, and you should also learn to use it properly. Unless you maintain caution while using these, it’s easy to get injured.
Lastly, don’t overthink it. If you feel a product will suit you, just take it!